Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Felicity Patterns?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anybody know where I can get patterns for Felicity? I plan on getting Elizabeth and making clothes for her that match the ones that I wear for re-enacting. I have scoured e-bay for the ones that they used to offer in the catalog but I can't find the Felicity ones. I have seen Molly, Samantha, Kirsten, and Josefina but no Lissie. If anybody has any copies or something it would be really cool if you could tell me where to find them or even sell me some. I also noticed that Nann and dollyland's mom have some beautiful outfits for sale so I was wondering if either of you to in particular could help me.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scratch that. I just found some on e-bay for $34. Geez! The sad thing is I'm willing to pay that. If anybody knows of any cheaper ones please tell me.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bigtree8's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Look on ebay for "American Girl" + pattern. Some of the results will be colonial style clothes for as little as $2.50.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen the Pleasant Company patterns for Felicity go for more than that. The Pleasant Company patterns contain instructions for dresses that you can already buy from the company. I think the colonial patterns you can find on the Internet are just as good if not better. Fancy Frocks has some great patterns. If you are set on getting the Pleasant Company patterns, be patient. I purchased a set on ebay for $12.99 with a BIN. They had been cut out, but never used and in perfect condition.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can find the Fancy Frocks patterns at doll-hospital.com . They have the Watteau back pattern. I have it, but haven't tried it. The patterns aren't as easy to understand as some. Pleasant Co. patterns are really easy to understand. McCall's also has a Colonial pattern set available right now.

    You can also check out AGDad's sight for all AG products ever made to see what Felicity has had in the past, if that helps.

    Curt's Site

    Speaking of doll dress patterns, a popular doll dress designer (not on the board) has done a few Felicity dresses with peplums. Is this a historically accurate feature in colonial times, especially for a girl Felicity's age?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 30, 2005 05:11 PM: Message edited by: danaspillar ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the help. I went to Fancy Frocks but all they had was the robe a la francaise (also called a sack back/sacque back/watteau) which won't be much use because I don't think I'd ever make on of those for myself. Maybe for my mother though so that her and Felicity can have the same gown. Hmm...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    I'm just waiting until I win the lottery so that I can snap up all of Nann's dresses. It might be a lot to ask, but maybe you could ask Nann to help you create some patterns. I've never seen patterns for the beautiful dresses she makes, so I assume she makes her own, and maybe she could help.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dollyland's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2005
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi zap_sea and welcome to the board---I am sure you will love it here----everyone is so nice and very knowledgeable---which sounds like you are too!!! I love reading your posts.

    I will help you anyway I can----. Basically I use all the commerical patterns out there and draft my own from there---I take a piece here and a piece there and make my own if I don't have what I want. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dollyland's mom:
    Hi zap_sea and welcome to the board---I am sure you will love it here----everyone is so nice and very knowledgeable---which sounds like you are too!!! I love reading your posts.

    I will help you anyway I can----. Basically I use all the commerical patterns out there and draft my own from there---I take a piece here and a piece there and make my own if I don't have what I want. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, and if most of us did that, poor Felicity would look like she was wearing dresses made like Colorforms. You have an unreal talent - and SOMEDAY I WILL OWN one of your chocolate Sunday dresses!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •